Sunday 16 March 2014

My Passion

Welcome to my blog on Interior design and Afrocentric Collections. My love for interiors has always reflected in my home. It has been a yearly routine for me, to always change the look of my home every December. Before the end of the year, I already have a color scheme for every space in the house. Transforming my space gives me so much joy and energizes me towards the New year. May sound strange, but that is indeed what makes me high ( aside from food shopping).


However, I must state that you don't need millions to redecorate your home. Just a little tweak here and there, will make a difference. As simple as changing the wall colors, moving around the furniture, adding a few accessories and redecorating can make a whole difference.

Family and friends have always asked why I don't do it as a business, considering I do so many things.( Jake of all trade). I finally got to a point where I needed to decide and streamline. My passion and love for interiors and creativity was inevitable.

Let me not bore you with my history. Anyway I have decided to start this blog to inspire people to go with their passion and to give daily tips( I hope) on how to make your home your HAVEN.
Please feel free to comment and also suggest.

Welcome to JDC 101 Interior Design Basics....



4 comments:

  1. Interior and afrocentric designs? Hmmm thats a first.... very interesting I must say. Looking forward to your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny, I want to infuse some decor in my kitchen, you know, to 'jazz' it up a bit. What are the cheapest quick wins I can explore?
    Your blog is really informative, please keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. Kitchen makeovers don't have to cost a fortune. You can paint the walls and ceiling, use wallpapers, reface cabinet doors and work tops, change your window curtains or blinds, pendant lighting and decorative fixtures can add a bit of elegance,change your flooring to laminate tiles or linoleum and most of all de-clutter your kitchen and replace with new and fresh accessories. However you can send me a picture of your kitchen so can give you specific options to suit your kitchen. Tnx

    ReplyDelete