Monday 17 March 2014

Is your kitchen the heart of your HOME?

Ever wondered what room in the house is the most important? I guess it depends on the lifestyle of the family. I believe, the Kitchen is indeed the heart of the home, regardless of the size of the home.It is where all the meals are created whether delicious or not.( LOL) It fuels the body, heart and soul of the family and friends.



Others may argue that the bedroom is the most important because that is where LIFE is created. (WINK), while others may feel it is LIVED in the kitchen. What do you think?
Basically how important the kitchen is depends on your lifestyle ie if you love cooking and hosting people and the size of the kitchen.Though the kitchen is basically for cooking, I think it is the most important room for LIVING. We all have memories of our mothers cooking or FATHERS as the case may be or both.

I grew up learning how to cook from my mother. Children should be encouraged to help prep and cook meals regardless of the sex. It creates time for bonding and will definitely leave lasting memories. Kitchens are filled with aroma, texture and energy.

The family meals used to be of utmost importance growing up, but due to busier lifestyles, most families don't eat together. However, we should create time for family meals even if it is on a Sunday.
Regardless of the size of the kitchen, I believe LIFESTYLE is the most important. For those who enjoy cooking and hosting like MOI, the kitchen is the most integral part of the home. This is where recipes are passed down, bonding with the children can be done and smiles put on faces..
Please comment and let me know what room in your home is the most important.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece. Great job Jenny! The size and ventilation of my kitchen is a definite put-off so I would have to say that the bedroom is the heart of my home *winks*

    ReplyDelete