Sunday 15 March 2015

Happy Mother's Day... Dedicated to my MUM

Mother’s Day is one holiday that I really like. It’s because I love mothers – all mothers. I love my mother, my mother-in-law, my aunts and every mom I see with her child. I love how mom’s are the heart of the home and therefore they shape the world. I’m honored to be part of this club.

I have the pleasure of working with a lot of moms. They invite me into their homes and  I get to know them in a very special way. I meet new moms, mom’s of teens and mothers whose children may have left the nest but are held close in their heart. All these moms want to make the best home they can for their families. I admire that.


From my own Mother I learned the difference between a house and a home. A house is a structure or a building, but a home is full of love and laughter and acceptance. We didn't live in a large house, and we never had the latest trends, but our home was something special.


Sometimes I struggle with what it is that brings happiness. We are so bombarded by advertisements telling us we need to buy this and go here and do that, that my head gets crazy. So today as Mother’s Day is winding down, I’m reflecting on my blessings. I am remembering that time spent is more important than anything money can buy, that life goes by quickly, and that joy can be found everywhere. It’s really the simple sweet things that make life beautiful.

Thanks Mom – you’re the best. xxx

BEFORE I WAS A MOM

I never learned the words to a lullaby.

I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom – I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Drooled on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple little grin.
I never sat up for hours watching a baby sleep.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom – I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

I had never known the warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.


I have been blessed with two sons and lucky enough to still have my mother, grandmother and their great grandmother with us.  

Let me introduce my BOYS to you. Brian and Kamsi. MY JOY......


Credit: http://karenfron.com/2014/05/11/happy-mothers-day/
http://blog.kandrac-kole.com/happy-mothers-day-from-kandrac-kole/

If you like our blog, please subscribe to get up to date Interior Design Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment